Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Finally some artwork

Today was an ok day. Went to town shopping. My daughter Tara went with me.

I ended up at Hobby Lobby...bought a bunch of art supplies. I have been buying art supplies for months now....but not using them once I get home. I keep telling myself that I need this...or that....before I can start painting.

I apologize to my husband for spending money on the supplies....he sweetly tells me.....you can buy what you want/need if you'll just use them. He's always been a big support in my art and messes.

I took photos of the art journal pages I'm going to post, instead of scanning them. My scanner is upstairs in my studio....and it's just too hot up there right now. My studio is in a converted attic room. I have a small airconditioner, but I can't leave it running all the time. It takes forever to cool the room off. I don't think about turning it on...until I'm ready to paint.

My first art page is a girl I tried to paint from imagination. I'm addicted to all the mixed media artists that paint cute girls. I'm a realist portrait painter...so its hard for me to paint this way. It turned out ok....I guess. I like the colors...the tropical feel.
I call this one the flower girl.















The next 2 art pages are a Mothers Day tribute. My 19 y/o daughter bought me a large potted pink calla lily plant and gave me the sweetest card and a large flower balloon. I cried when she gave them to me. I had to save the card...so I decided to put it in my art journal. I painted the calla lillies with acrylic. My daughter thinks these art pages are "sappy"...but I love the colors and how it turned out.

Please excuse my posting skills. The image uploader is giving me fits. The colors aren't perfect...but as close as I could get them in PS.




No comments: