Sunday, July 27, 2008

A lonely Sunday Nite

It's 10pm sunday nite. Hubby is gone to bed, daughter is in her room and son is out with friends.

It's times like this I miss my old friends. When I remarried 10 years ago......we moved away from my friends and family. I had 2 best friends, who I eventually lost touch with.

I haven't made any close friendships since. Only people from work, who I rarely socialize with outside of work. Since I don't work there anymore......guess I won't be seeing any of them again.

I have become pretty reclusive in the last 5 years. We moved out in the country. No neighbors for miles. I love it out here....but you can't just run next door, or down the street to see friends. It gets very lonesome out here.

Have you ever wanted a close friend to talk and share secrets with....so bad it almost hurts? I start feeling sorry for myself at these times. When I talk to my husband about this (who has lots of friends...since I moved to the town he lived in) he says....well make some friends. Yea.....hey you over there in the booth next to me...wanna be my friend?? Not as easy as he thinks.

Being an artist doesn't help either......you want solitude when you work. I've tried to connect to other artists....but not alot of luck there.

So........another Whine on Line. Me sitting here...feeling sorry for myself :)

Have a great week all. 1st job interview tomorrow...wish me luck.

p.s. not a very creative weekend again :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Patti,
I can relate to the friend thing. I live out in the country too so I have no neighbor to borrow sugar from . . . and it takes time to get to anyones house. I used to have some really close women friends . . . we just drifted apart. Most women I find to materialistic and cut-throat. I'm just not into that, and I hate to gossip. I ask for friends . . . and just know that when the time is right they will appear.
In my work I'm usually talking with customers all day so I enjoy the peace at home and the time I have to spend in my gardens and on my "creative" projects.
Keep up the writing, and your artwork . . . it is bizarre . . . but really wonderful! I love it!!
Kel